Memorial Day Must Haves
It’s finally summer! It felt like a long winter, and we are so excited to get outside. But with the new season there are some things you should change in your skincare routine to make sure you have the right kind of summer glow.
Five products you need by Memorial Day
- Sunblock/Sunscreen: Crucial for protecting the skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays, which can cause premature aging, sunburns, and increase the risk of skin cancer. Look for a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 and apply it generously every day, even during cloudy or winter days.
- Serum: Lightweight, highly concentrated formulas that target specific skin concerns. They often contain active ingredients like antioxidants, vitamin C (or even better, Swiss Edelweiss), or a type of hyaluronic acid, which can help with brightening, firming, or hydrating the skin. Try the Renaissance Age Serum.
- Cleanser: A gentle and lightly exfoliating cleanser helps remove dirt, oil, sunblock and other impurities from the skin without stripping away its natural moisture.
- Toner: Helps to balance the skin's pH levels, remove any remaining impurities after cleansing, and prep the skin for better absorption of subsequent products. Be sure to use an alcohol-free formula to avoid any skin irritation.
- Moisturizers: Hydrate and nourish the skin, helping to maintain its moisture barrier and prevent dryness. You may consider having a lightweight moisturizer you wear throughout the day and switch to a heavier, more vitamin dense hydrating cream at night. Skinfood Extra Riche is our most popular moisturizer - get yours!
Following a good skincare routine that includes these five products will be sure to help you get the kind of summer glow that you deserve – and not one that you’ll regret later!